Pages

Monday, June 13, 2011

Doctor Doctor

 This blog will be posted some time after it was written due to an outside directive to not talk about my living donor experience until after I have donated.  If you are reading this, it is because I have completed the donation process.
********************************************************************************
January 27, 2010

I have my appointment to meet the doctor about all my test results February 10 and I assume that's when I get the general go/no go. I am curious to meet the man whose name has shared the top of all the lab requisitions with mine.  While in no way do I doubt his credentials or experience, I looked him up to see if I could better understand his past involvement with the program and what kind of a doctor he is (field of study not his personality type or anything).

If the Google results say anything, he is very passionate about what he does. He is excited about the living donor program(s) in Southern Alberta and seems to look for new opportunities to make the process and experience better. I was able to determine what the MRI actually looked at by reading a summary of a research piece he did (it does look at the arteries and veins so they know what they are up for before going in). That was an interesting read because it sounds like he affirmed that the MRIs are very accurate predictors of the anatomy of the kidney as it pertains to veins and arteries and its a much less invasive than whatever other means they had of measuring the same kind of things. He was involved in the first domino transplant done in Calgary back in April of 2010.  He also had one glowing review on one of those doctor evaluator sites too-5/5 and a comment about how he is an excellent doctor and human soul..Nicely done.